Guitar Mad
December 17, 2017, 12:26:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No news at this time

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shark Falconry  (Read 2730 times)
Scott
Pre-Modern
Global Moderator
Awesomeness PhD

Wow, I'm a SUPER de-duper HERO stud now!

« on: July 24, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »

Here's those demos My son Aaron and his friend Alex recorded:
http://www.soundclick.com/notreadyforaliveaudience Shark Falconry is the name of their band. Not Ready For A Live Audience is a name for posting demos from Swampbilly Studio and Vance Ranch Studio. These demos were just something for the drummer, Jeff, to go by for writing his drum part. There's another member I haven't met yet, named Alvin, who's the other guitarist, front-man, and also a writer/arranger.

Both these songs are written by Alex Brewer and performed by him and my son, Aaron. This was the first time I've seen/heard them playing together. I told Aaron I liked his bass playing; he said, "I was mostly just playing the root, I haven't written  bass lines for 'em yet."  Huh?  So much for my critical ear.  

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:41:19 PM by Scott » Logged

At one time, my innate professionalism precluded my accepting remuneration for rendering services in fields where I have no particular aptitude, but once I got a little hungry, I realized it was rather pretentious of me to hold myself to a higher standard than all the other professionals.
admin
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »

Good stuff! Reminds me of something, but I can't place it right now...maybe a band I used to listen to called Helstar. Sort of progressive galloping metal stuff....

Drums?  Even a machine would work, eh? 
Ealdst

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »

The second one sounds like a mix of computer game soundtracks I've heard over the years, I'm liking it!

Guitars: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Epiphone Les Paul '56 Goldtop, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Fender Classic Player 60s Strat, Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster, Tanglewood 12 String Electro-acoustic
Amps: Marshall Class 5 Head, Marshall Haze 1x12 Cab, Vox AC15CCX
Scott
Pre-Modern
Global Moderator
Awesomeness PhD

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 03:15:38 AM »

. . . progressive galloping metal . . . mix of computer game soundtracks  Grin I think Y'all have nailed the main influances.

I thought some of the rif****e sounded a bit like something from **** Christ Superstar.

The instruments heard are a Carvin belonging to Carla (mahogany body & neck, with carved maple top, in a shape I call 'Paul Reed Strat), and Aarons Fender Jazz Bass, both plugged dirrectly into the UX1.

Alex doesn't even own a guitar right now, so Carla loaned him her Mexican Fat Strat to take with him. It's weird that someone can play like him having mostly used borrowed guitars. Carla and I don't have any talent much beyond the ability to loan guitars, so I guess it works out. Smiley

At one time, my innate professionalism precluded my accepting remuneration for rendering services in fields where I have no particular aptitude, but once I got a little hungry, I realized it was rather pretentious of me to hold myself to a higher standard than all the other professionals.
admin
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:29:05 PM »

My guitars always sound best when loaned out as well...   Tongue
Dr. Glenn
Phallic Villain
Global Moderator
Awesomeness PhD

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 05:56:05 AM »

This has been here for like 2 years and I only just noticed it 
My apologies mate, it's awesome  Cool I like the galloping thing too. I could never make it sound that good though.
Needs a real heavy hitting drummer. Think Tommy Lee  Cool

admin
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »

Yeah, 2 years and there is no update? What's up Scott?  Certainly, we weren't waiting on Glenn.    Wink  

Hi Glenn.  

Seriously though, I like that "Not Ready..." tune and would like to hear it fine tuned.
Dr. Glenn
Phallic Villain
Global Moderator
Awesomeness PhD

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 02:19:12 AM »

Yes, Scott was waiting for mr to comment before updating us. I apologise Scott / Aaron for the delay   Undecided

Chris. That *was* the 'fine tuned' version. Well done mate [rolls eyes]  :Smiley

Scott
Pre-Modern
Global Moderator
Awesomeness PhD

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 11:15:21 AM »

That's absolutely correct, Glenn. 

I've forwarded a link to each of their FaceBook pages:

Two years ago, I posted this demo on the most authoritative and prestigious music forum on the World-Wide-Web. Today it's still drawing positive critical commentary from all over the globe: http://guitarmad.com/forum/index.php?topic=140.0

admin
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 06:38:41 PM »

Grin 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: